1 Corinthians 13:1-7 – The Bible (New Living Translation) – If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Buddy for David – Novel – Young Adult – Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and CrossLink Publishing …
- NEW ORLEANS – LOUISIANA – ADVENTURES ON THE ROAD
- WHO IS CAROL ANN RITCHEY – WHY THE CHANGE –
- HOME SWEET HOME – BACK ON OUR LOT AFTER THREE NIGHTS AND FOUR DAYS AWAY – WHERE DID WE GO – TO GIANT RECREATION WORLD – THAT’S AN RV SERVICE CENTER – NOT A RESORT –
- WHOA – STILL DWELLING IN OUR MOTORHOME – TWO YEARS NOT TRAVELING – FINALLY HAVE INTERNET WE CAN USE – ADAPTED MY NOVEL INTO A SCREENPLAY – THAT WAS FUN – HAD A LOT TO LEARN AND LEARNED WHILE WRITING – NOW READY TO SELL – DUH – PANDEMIC – YOU GOT TO BE KIDDNIG – STILL – OUR GOD REIGNS – THE LORD IS ALWAYS GOOD –
- Our Rocking Rolling 2018 Tour in Our Motorhome – Living Life – Like Everyone Else – Lots of Good Times – Some Trials and Tribulations – But in the End – It’s All Good – God is Good –
- So Long – So Long – Not Goodbye but Too Long not to Post – We Live the RV Life – Data Costs More than We Like – Posting Requires Data – Almost Decided to Quit Posting – Catch Up Time –
- I Opened the Shades to See the Sun Rise – Black Storm Clouds Loomed – What Would Sunrise Look Like – Would the Light Shine Through – YES – Gloom Gave Way to Bursting Shades of Purple Pink and Lavendar – Reminding Me of Troubled Times that Shrink When Grace and Truth Appear – God Is Good – Hang on When Trouble Hides the Light – Ashes Blow Away – Beauty Remains –
- Sunrise at Van Horn RV Park in Van Horn, Texas – Small Town – Excellent Park – We Are Resting Here – Calm Blue Skies in the Morning – Motorhomes and Fifth Wheels and Campers Coming and Going Each Day – We Love It –
- Books Books – I Read – I Read – And I Wrote the Novel – Buddy for David – Key Words – Crime – Family – Hope – Despair – Adventure – Boy – Dog – Ex Convicts – Love – Courage – Victory – Rich in Action Scenes and Dialogue – Movie to Be –
- Beginning Our 2018-19 Tour in our Motorhome – And the Excitement Builds – What Could Be So Exciting – For Me – Looking Out Our Windows Beholding New Surroundings – I Love It –
- Blue Sky – Blue Sky – Morning Is My Favorite Time of Day –
- Bikes in Our Future – Steve Turning 80 Soon – Carol Ann 70 – We Think We Can Ride Them and Have Fun – Good Exercise – A Recap of Challenging Journey – Different from Our First Year that Happened without a Hitch –
- Las Cruces New Mexico – Destination for Fun with Friends – Fellow RVers Meet Us Here – We Dine Together at Local Restaurants – And There Are Plenty – Steve Had Coach and Jeep Washed after Five Days of Rain and Mud in Texas – Now They Shine Again –
- Long Time No Post – Spent All Our Time Having Fun with Family – But Then Moved on and Parked Here in Louisiana – View of the Bayou – Simple but Adequate RV Park – Staying Longer than Scheduled – Again Diverging from Our Original Plan –
- Moving toward Our Next Destination – Driving a Comfortable Distance – Following Our Plan – Reaching Parks We Booked Months Earlier – Three Days to Rest – Three Days that Fly By –
- Everyday Life for People that Live in an RV – What Could Be Better than to Wake Up in the Morning to New Surroundings yet Being in Your Own Home – It’s the Little Things in Life that Make it Okay –
- Had to Share this Photo of Lake Erie Shore – We Arrived this Afternoon Greeted by a Wasp that Flew into the Small Window Used to Pay Tolls from the Driver’s Seat – Last Year Hornets Invaded the Cockpit – One Huge Wasp Was Just as Effective in Slowing Down our Progress until We Smacked it Silly and Tossed it in the Trash –
- Where Have We Been – Up to Flagstaff Arizona – Albuquerque and Santa Rosa New Mexico – Amarillo Texas – Oklahoma City – West Memphis Arkansas – Nashville Tennessee – Virginia – Pennsylvania – Long Island New York – Ohio now – Heading for Michigan in a Few Days – South to Florida, West through Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and New Mexico – Back to AZ –
- Camping on Little Pigeon River Makes Up for Being Canceled by Our RV Park on the Mighty Mississippi – Which Flooded Her Banks This Year – Here We Are on Another Riverbank – Enjoying the View –
- Growing – Learning – Believing – Confidence – Resting – Our Inheritance in Christ –
- Bible Verses
- Book Review
- Buddy for David
- Cooking Techniques and Shortcuts
- Curtain Calls
- God is good
- Hee Haw Series
- Letters to a Friend (series)
- Morning Walk
- Short Fiction
- Short Story
- Writing Fiction
- Writing of All Kinds
Join 458 other subscribers
a beautiful scripture. Thanks for sharing Carol. Be blessed! 🙂
Thank you for stopping by, Te’Kia, and for your comment. Blessings to you, too…
Good one…and a passage I think a lot of people recognize, but don’t practice in enough in their daily life. I’m a guilty party myself.
This passage sets a high standard. None of us achieve it all of the time, and then, only through the power of the Holy Spirit. When we read these words, we know the message is right, and we strive to offer such kindness to others. I often fall short, but Jesus never does. He always loves us perfectly.
Thank you for your insightful comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by. Blessings to you, Tracy…
The world would be a better place!
Ah, my friend, yes, it would be a better place. We aspire to such heights of sweet behavior, don’t we? Yet, we often fail. I like what 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV) says: Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Thank you for your visit and your comment, Yvette. Again, I agree with you that the world would be a better place. Blessings…
If we could only get this and live it, each and every one of us, every moment of the day, how wonderful !
Yes, how wonderful if we could just get it. Yet we all fall short of this beautiful standard of pure love. We know it’s true and right, and we strive to achieve it. May we rejoice in knowing that Jesus has loved us with a perfect love, and has provided at Calvary the way of forgiveness for all our shortcomings.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. We all seem to know that the kind of love described in these verses reaches beyond our human ability to show consistently. Blessings to you, Leslie…
I love this Bible verse. It’s one of my favourites. 🙂
This is one of my favorite passages, too, Laura. Love sweet love – godly love that bestows upon the unlovely compassion that comes from a heart touched by grace. Jesus gives this kind of unfailing love out of His pure heart. We must allow Him to give it to others through us.
Thank you for stopping by and for loving this wonderful passage of scripture. Blessings to you…
One of my favorites!
One of my favorites, too. Thanks for stopping by, and for your comment. Blessings to you, Suzi…
Thanks for the refresher course in love. Not irritable? Uh-oh. And I LOVE the picture you selected to go with it.
I used the New Living Translation. I think the “not irritable” part would correspond to the NIV saying: “not easily angered”. Either way, we are vulnerable. Our heating-up temperature after years of experiencing grace may lower a few degrees, but we all have our point at which irritability begins to show. Praises to God that His love is always pure. When He becomes angry, it’s righteous anger. Yikes. Often ours is prideful anger expressed when we don’t get our own way or when someone steps on our tender toes.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. I love your sense of humor. Blessings to you, Patti…
a fresh look from The Message–
The Message (MSG)
1 Corinthians 13
The Way of Love
1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
blessings–and thanks for a happy memory of my wedding day. 🙂
Very good! I like it. Thank you for sharing The Message with us. The same ideas, different words.
Is this your wedding anniversary? If so, Happy Anniversary! Has it been that long? I remember your celebrating it on a blog post. Time flies! Blessings to you, Jane…
wola nice words dee thought i lke it
n i m backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Welcome back, Reedssss. Thank you for stopping by to read and to comment. Blessings to you…
I love this one. My pastor said one time that you can substitute the word “Jesus” for “love.” Either way it’s just beautiful…and so hard! It’s nice to know how life should be…and will be one day! 🙂
Yes, one day we will be in Heaven, and we will love and be loved as God intended. Thank you for your visit and your comment. I appreciate your taking time to stop by. Blessings to you…
I love these particular verses in the bible. So very well understood the first time you read it. To me, it seems the timing of these verses is ever-appropriate. 🙂
I appreciate your stopping by. Thank you for your kind comment. Blessings to you, Bonnie…
These are some of my favorite verses of encouragement and instruction on daily living. Thanks for the reminder Carol.
Thank you for visiting, Jeanne, and for your encouraging comment. Blessings to you…
Love is hard sometimes! These verses are a great reminder of what love should be. Most helpful when the irritable (cranky) me forgets. Thanks for sharing, Carol!
Thank you, Janna. These words are a reminder to irritable me, also. Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. Blessings to you today and always…
Thank you for sharing this simply beautiful scripture and adorable picture Carol! You’ve brightened up my morning! Thank you!
Thank you, Chloe. You brighten up my day with your Haiku many times. Thank you for visiting and for your kind comment. Blessings to you…
Nice Bible verse, Carol Ann.
Thank you, Laura. Usually I select a verse and then go looking for an appropriate photo. This time, I saw that picture and was so touched by the love demonstrated by the little girl so patiently feeding her ice cream cone to her puppy, that I went looking for the “love” scripture to accompany it. Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. Blessings to you…
Wonderful translation and precious picture. Blessings back at ya, Carol Ann.
Thank you for stopping by, Victoria. I appreciate your taking the time. I like the picture, too. Thank you for the blessings. 🙂 You have a blessed day…
Your post put a smile on my face- thank you. It’s all we really need, isn’t it?
Ah, yes. All we need is love, agape love, unconditional, unfailing love, as only God faithfully gives. We strive to love as He does, and through His Holy Spirit, we are enabled. Living moment by moment, loving life and living love, we grow in grace.
I’ve missed you, Zoe. Welcome back. Thank you for taking time to stop by and for your comment. Blessings to you always…
Thanks for the reminder Carol Ann. If only we would always behave as such.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your kind comment. Someday we will not be hindered, as we are in this age, from loving freely, without hypocrisy or self-serving motives. Even now, through the Holy Spirit, we are enabled to show His love. Blessings to you, Elizabeth…
How wonderful to reread these scriptures. The words refocus me on what is truly important. Thanks for posting this.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. I appreciate your taking the time. Blessings to you, JoDee…
its so beautiful to observe that all religious scriptures share the same guidance. so very heart warming.
lots of love.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. Blessings to you, Trisha…